Friday, September 24, 2010


'Today, I look in your eyes and I hold your hands in mine, as I promise to be true to you as your wife. I love you as my husband. I do, of course.'

I meant it when I said it
Scared, though I wouldn't admit

I looked in your eyes and held your
hands
Smiling and quivering

Wanting to know
Did you feel the same?

I won't, though
I can't believe

I won't see you
For the first time

I don't understand this day without you
The first, I cried. The tears flowed and I couldn't get them to stop. This morning, I think about where I was that day and the tears still fall, though with less intensity. At just this time that day, it was all going to happen in just a few hours. We were going to be together 'forever'. Whatever that means because, clearly, it doesn't mean what one would think.



No comments:

Post a Comment