Saturday, September 4, 2010

Why?

In speaking to a friend of mine earlier, he said something that struck me pretty deep.

He said, 'we will never know why.'

He was referring to something that happened to him years ago. Why did it happen this way and not the other way which would have, for sure, had a very different outcome. Naturally, we think that it happened the way it did because everything happens for a reason and though at the time it may not have been clear, he was meant for something else. Since then he has built a business, met the love of his life and made a family with her that he couldn't be any more in love with. Was that his purpose? Who knows but he is happy. That much is fact.

That leads me to me. I have many 'whys' in my life. Many questions that I need an answer to but know that I won't get them.

Why did you go away?

That is the big one that I will never get an answer to. So, should I just accept it as the case and move on? Should I just say to myself that it is what it is and leave it at that? Should I just trust that the decision that was made was right (for them) and because I love them as much as I do, I want them to do whatever it is that makes (made) them happy?

I don't know.

I wish I did.

I am trying to answer the 'whys' on my own but to no avail.

Perhaps my friend is right. Sometimes we will never know why.

Never?

Really??

No comments:

Post a Comment